Clinical preceptor training provides a highly interactive and evidence-based format for family planning clinicians at all levels of expertise who want to enhance their clinical, counseling and communication skills focused on reproductive health care. This training includes peer-to-peer networking and problem-solving, as well as a clinical immersion experience with specially trained facilitators and standardized patients.
- 14 credit hour, 2 day training
- (4) credit hour pre-symposium training modules
- FREE for clinicians from Title X agencies
- Precepting toolkit valued over $125
- Regular toolkit updates
- Free online training webinars
- Free access to journal articles: Contraceptive Tech Update & OBGyn Clinical Alert
- Opportunity to enhance your skills as a trainer
- Consistency in training at your clinic
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Benefit of an in-house expert preceptor
- Opportunity to offer evidence-based training valued over $1500/person for a nominal cost
- Eligible for $250/day precepting stipend for your clinic
- More efficient and skilled clinicians
- Define the responsibilities and skills required to be a successful Preceptor.
- Utilize a current framework and prepare preceptors to construct an effective preceptorship plan
- Demonstrate appropriate insertion techniques from intrauterine contraception.
- Define the responsibilities and skills required for appropriate coding skills and documentation for clinicians.
|Training||Title X*||Non-Title X|
|Preceptor Training||No Charge||$375.00|
*Title X refers to any health center that receives federal funding from the Title X program, distributed by OPA, to provide family planning services.
Preceptor training is a 2.5 day workshop that begins on a Thursday and lasts until Saturday around 12:30pm. The CTCFP covers hotel fees for preceptor training participants Wednesday evening through Saturday morning.
For those participants arriving Tuesday evening for Wednesday LARC and/or Billing & Coding training, we will help with your reservation but participants are responsible for the room fee for Tuesday evening and you MUST LET US KNOW of your plans to stay Tuesday evening.
When making your airline reservations we ask all participants to schedule for late afternoon departure on Saturday because training will end at approximately 12:30 p.m. If you have any questions please contact the Training & CE Manager, Sharon Colbert, at 816-235-6639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preceptor training offers up to 18.0 contact hours. Additional continuing education information is available on the Accreditation Page.