- Seeking the latest evidence-based information about family planning methods?
- Wanting to update your clinical skills in a specific area?
- Looking for guidance with advanced physical exam techniques?
- Interested in adding additional clinic services?
YOU can benefit from the guidance of a trained preceptor!
Contact Sharon Colbert to reach the preceptor nearest you.
Title X Preceptors are experienced clinical staff who have completed 18 hours of clinical and didactic instruction.
Some precepting topics include:
- Pap Management
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- Male Exam Techniques
- Title X Clinical Guidelines
- Options Counseling
Clinical family planning preceptors ensure that direct care providers in Title X settings apply the most current knowledge and skills necessary for effective delivery of high quality family planning services.
NCTC preceptors have the skills and the materials necessary to assess the learning needs of the preceptee.
The preceptor and preceptee will determine the number of days necessary for the preceptorship, depending on the learning needs of the preceptee. NCTC estimates that most preceptorships will require 2 to 3 days of individual instruction.